Monday, January 18, 2010

Fat Camp -- Day 1

Most of the day was paperwork. I weighed in this morning before breakfast, and was not particularly happy with the result, but then, that's why I'm here. Then I met with the nutritionist to discuss my diet plan; it turns out that the bare minimum number of calories it is safe for me to eat is 1400, which seems a little high, but they know their stuff. I also met the nurse and did a health check-up session and took my measurements.

I had a class on the benefits of massage, which included a short demonstration of some self-massaging techniques, followed by a class on getting started with exercise: turns out, in a program where there is no eating outside of meals, only the first hour of cardio per day is actually helpful. Any program like Biggest Loser, where you see people working out for hours a day, they're snacking/grazing semi-continually, which is against the Structure House idea of, well, structured eating.

After lunch was a nutrition orientation, where we learned about the diet plan and how things break down. Then I did water fitness for 50 minutes. The first 20-25 or so were cardio, and the rest was strength training. After that was a class on lifestyle changes and finding "flow", and then a class on making the most of your metabolism. After dinner I did 30 minutes of cardio on the treadmill, then watched a little tv. I'm off to soak in the tub for a bit before hitting the sack -- I am EXHAUSTED.

No comments:

Post a Comment