Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fat Camp -- Day 10

I did Group Cycling before breakfast again, and man, my butt was SORE.  As soon as I sat down on that bike, my butt was like, "Yo, what's the deal here woman?" But I told it to shut up and kept cycling, and -- you know how when we used to complain that our arm hurt or something, and Dad would tell us to kick a tree, and then our foot would hurt and he'd say, "Well,  you're not thinking about your arm now, are you?"  (I'm paraphrasing here, obviously.  And come to think of it, it might have been Mom.  Or Ethan...)  Anyway, once cycling had been going for about 10 minutes, I was too busy thinking about my legs to remember my bum existed.  So, um, yay?  Or something...

I had therapy at 9:30, which is unfortunate because it then intersects two classes (classes here tend to start at 10 after and go to the hour), but I'd had to move it so I could attend an important class later, and it was a good session, so I'm not complaining.

Then, at 11:10 every Wednesday, Dr. Musanti emerges from his throne room to grace the peasants with a chance to air their grievances.  It's like Big Block of Cheese Day.  He holds a Q&A session and frankly, it's really rather boring unless you have some burning question.  So, once again surprising everyone in the history of EVER, I asked a couple of my friends if they wanted to skip it and go for a HIKE.  The longest walk they have on campus here is only 1.8 miles, so we looped a bit and stretched it to try and make it closer to 2.

Yes, this is me.  Abigail.  I swear.  I haven't murdered anyone and hidden the body.

Stop looking at me like that.

After lunch I had a class called Personalized Nutrition Game Plan, where we reviewed how many servings of each group (Fruit, Vegetables, Milk, Meat, Starch, Fat) you need a day, and about how many calories a serving of each is.  Then we sat down with a bazillion cook books and nutrition guides and planned a day of meals for at home.  It was AWESOME.  Remember when the Grahams gave me that architecture planning thing, where there where walls and furniture and plants and appliances and windows and doors and you got to plan whatever kind of house you wanted, and then you could lift up all the inside bits and do the second floor, and Virginia and I sat at Kildare playing with it for HOURS?  This was even better.

I get to ORGANIZE things.

Then I had a class called Mealtime Nuts & Bolts, and this week it was on calories and portions, and we took quizzes, and I have copies so I can quiz all of YOU when I get home, mwahahahHAHAHA.  I answered my quizzes in pencil and then wrote the correct answers (where applicable) next to them in ink, because I'm me.  And on the once I aced I wrote A+ and circled it, and then did that on my friends' papers too.  Because I'm me.

See?  No dead bodies here at all?

Then I had Group, which as previously mentioned I can't talk about.  Except for the part that pertained to me bringing up an issue, because it's only my own privacy I'm violating there, and basically, I've decided this: if you'd like, when I get home I can sit down with all of you (together or one-on-one) and just explain the whole program, so you have a sense of what I'm changing here, and so you know how much support to offer and when to back away and let me do something that doesn't necessarily make sense to you because you're not on the program with me.

Then there was a class on Stress Management, but I decided to manage my stress by going back to my room and soaking in a hot tub instead.  It was lovely.

After dinner there was supposed to be a Stretch class at 6:30, but by 6:05 my friends and I were falling asleep, so we stumbled back to our rooms, where I meant to write this but watched tv instead until my eyes wouldn't stay open any longer.

I have a massage after dinner tonight, so I can't guarantee you'll get a post until tomorrow morning, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment