Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fat Camp -- Day 11

At 8:30 this morning I had my MedGem test, where we measured my actual metabolic rate.  Turns out, my metabolism is actually slightly fast.  Who knew?

I scurried from there to a late breakfast and then ran upstairs to a class on endocrinology in overweight and obese people.  Then I went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the bike, keeping my heart rate in the 150s the whole time.  Finally, I met with the nutritionist to discuss my MedGem results.  The fast metabolism coupled with the fact that I'm exercising a lot more than I had thought I would when I came here led her to up my fruit intake -- I have been ordered to take an apple home from dinner and eat it a few hours later. 

After lunch I had therapy, followed by an hour-long session with a trainer.  I was dripping by the end of it, but in that good way where I knew I'd worked hard and was proud of myself.  And THEN I went to dance class and did an hour of salsa and meringue.  After which I scarfed down dinner and exhaustedly waited for my massage to arrive and make my body stop hating me.

Massages are the greatest invention since opposable thumbs.  (which, coincidentally, are needed to give a massage,  Especially a deep tissue one that leaves you boneless and melty.)

And now I shall attempt to ooze my melted body into my bed, because I'm meeting a workout buddy at 7:30 tomorrow morning and I need my beauty rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment