Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fat Camp -- Day 3

I lost 1 pound.  A good trend to be having. ;-)

This morning I surprised everyone who has ever known me, will ever known me, or might know someone who knew my brother's roommate's cousin, by getting up early to do a 40 minute spin class before breakfast.

It was AWESOME.

It was insanely difficult, and I didn't think I could do it, and I DID.

Behold, the positive power of peer pressure.  (not to mention alliteration...)

After breakfast I had a break mandated by my fitness instructor, who told me I was not allowed to do to much exercise on penalty of death.  Well, okay, on penalty of being really really really really really really REALLY sore, but still.  Death has a better ring to it.

Then I went to NIA, which stands for Non-Impact Aerobics, and which is a weird, kooky, holistic movement that starts and ends with a sacred circle.  We gathered all our healing powers that we had released through the class, cupped them in our hands, gave them to each other, then sent them to the people of Haiti.

Other than that, I kind of liked it.

Then I had my psych intake, with a woman named Carol who offered to work with me on learning to be assertive, which would be good, because then I could take my anger and frustration and release it into something other than chocolate.  Oh chocolate, I shall always love you best, but your love is tainted.  TAINTED LOVE.

Post lunch I skipped out on intro to weight training to do a phone session with my own therapist back home, on the grounds that (1) I know how to use weight machines and (2) He's getting paid a lot of money to give me therapy (and (3) therapy makes me feel better, and my issues won't just magically go on hold for a month simply because I happen to be in North Carolina instead of New York).  Then I had a class on how to use my food diary, followed by 30 minutes of Dynaband workout and then a class on stress management.  I wound up the day after dinner with a 50 minute stretch class, and now I feel marvelously liquidy and loosey-goosey. =)

(seriously?  spinning ROCKED.  I SPUN.  I AM THE DEEJAY OF BICYCLES, BOW BEFORE MY MAD SKILLZ.)

No comments:

Post a Comment