Saturday, January 30, 2010

Fat Camp -- Day 12

Two days ago a guy approached me in the gym when I was finishing my workout and mentioned that he's been slacking on getting his cardio in and asked if I would be a workout buddy for him.  (me!  be counted on to make sure we workout!)  So every morning we're meeting at 7:30 to do half an hour of workout, except on Mondays and Wednesdays when I go to spin.  And I'm encouraging him to do that too, because it is awesome. 

So that's how I started my day, and it did feel good to get stuff out of the way before the day had really even begun.

I was very much feeling the effects of my strength training, so after breakfast I went to Yoga.  It was deliciously wonderful.  Stretching feels so good when you do it properly!  It was like the chocolate frosting on top of the cupcake I'm not going to eat anymore.

I think I need to find new metaphors.

Or, in this case, similes.

After that I went to a class on Motivation for Change, where we talked about how to alter our behavior at each step along the way to unstructured eating, and how to not decide that if we had already had an episode of unstructured eating the day was blown and we might as well consume another thousand calories while we're at it.

This is good advice.

Then I went to a class called Cardio Ballroom which... wasn't.  We did a dance for about 4 minutes, and then there would be a 5 minute pause before we did the next dance, and none of it was particularly cardioriffic.  I can see how for people not in the shape I'm in it might be (and yes, I feel pompous and awesome getting to talk about being in better shape than people), but I didn't even break a sweat.  Sigh.

After lunch I took an easy afternoon, because I've been going like crazy all week and I was just exhausted.  Then I had therapy right before dinner, followed by an extremely brief the-snow-is-starting-oh-my-god shopping trip with two friends.  (I provided moral support and entertaining conversation.)  By the time we got home the snow was coming in like crazy, but it's already changed to something that makes plinging sounds when it hits things. 

This is seriously stupid weather, and I disapprove.

Hopefully, things will have changed by the time I report back to you tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment