Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fat Camp -- Day 2

I lost 1.8 lbs!

Clearly, most of this is waterweight, but still. 1.8! Yippee skippee!

Today, I had a lab test before breakfast, in which I agreed to be part of my second study while here. Breakfast unfortunately made me sick -- having somewhat spicy salsa on an empty stomach = not a good idea when you're me, apparently. It's a shame, because the burrito the salsa came on was delicious, as was the yogurt (once I mixed in my strawberries and added some equal.) But I knew it wasn't that I was coming down with anything, just an unfortunate dietary choice, so I soldiered on. We had an official Welcome, followed by a class called Getting Structured, which defined and explained the program while at the same time talking about how it's so much better than all the other diet programs that are now or have ever been member of the communist party. Then we had a class on exercise recommendations for weight loss, talking about how to break down our types of exercise (30-60 mins of cardio 5+ days a week, strength training 2-3 days a week, at 10-15 reps and 1-2 sets, stretching after every workout if not also on it's own) and why (if you don't do strength training while dieting you lose muscle, etc.)

After lunch I went to Pilates Foundations, then had my Fitness Intake where I sat down with a fitness instructor and talked about what exercise classes to take when through this week. After that I went to a class on Mindful Eating, followed by doing 40 minutes of cardio on the treadmill.

I had been planning on swimming after dinner, but I realized it gets kind of cold at night, and I didn't want to go to bed with wet hair. So I did 20 minutes on the recumbent bike instead. It's the first time I've ever used an RB, and I have to say, for the first time in my life I have that exercise high. I feel *great* right now. I'm sure I'll be sore in a few hours, when my muscles remember they're not used to doing this, call for a junta, and override the euphoria that is currently in control of my brain, but in the meantime, I am actually physically experiencing exercise high, and it is *awesome*.

No comments:

Post a Comment