Friday, January 22, 2010

Fat Camp -- Day 5

Friday, I never knew ye. 

I lost another 8/10 of a pound today, bringing my grand total to 4.4 lbs, which is kind of ridiculous for 5 days work, but I'm not complaining!

I woke up a little early, looked at my schedule for the day, realized it involved being in class all morning, and decided to do 30 minutes of cardio on the recumbent bike before breakfast.  BEFORE BREAKFAST.

No, I don't know what has gotten into me either.  Perhaps it's aliens.  Perhaps I'm a pod person.  All I know is, I don't care.  My little green pointy-eared pod-self is gettin' her groove on, and that is fine and dandy by me.  Long may it last!

After breakfast, I had a class called Nutrition Made to Order, all about finding nutritionally appropriate ready-to-go meals -- whether you get prepared foods from the grocery store, have them delivered, or hire a personal chef.  The lesson ended with the instructor saying, "I hope you hated this class.  Go home and cook!"  Then I had a class on my lab report from the blood work I had done way back on Monday.  My cholesterol is high, which is not unexpected.  Partly they think it is high because my TSH is way high, which suggests hypothyroidism (which, given the family history, again, not so unexpected.  Not exactly something I was *hoping* for, but not unexpected.)  I'm having another test done this coming Monday as a confirmation of hypothyroidism, and if it comes back positive the doc here will put me on meds for it.  As far as the cholesterol goes, apparently I get 6 months on a low-fat diet before I have to get tested again, because it might reduce significantly all on its own if I stop doing things like eating food that's bad for me.  Who'da thunkit?

Then I had a class on Menu Planning, which basically covered how much of each kind of food group to have daily.  It threw a lot at us, and I was somewhat overwhelmed, but I have the rest of my life to get used to it. ;-)

After lunch I had an appointment to spend 30 minutes doing weights with a trainer, but I had time to kill before that so my pod-person and I knocked out another 20 minutes of cardio on the bike.  Post trainer, we went to a class on how to raise a child so as to decrease the likelihood of said child developing an eating disorder.  Then I got feedback on my week one psych profile, the baggage of which I took straight into my therapy phone session with my doctor back home.  After which was dinner, followed by my healthy reward for making it through my first week (well, the weekday part, anyway) here at structure house: a deep tissue massage.  And now I have to stop typing, because my fingers are melting.

P.S.  Massages rock.

P.P.S. mmm... melty fingers...

No comments:

Post a Comment