Sunday, January 31, 2010

Fat Camp -- Day 13

In what has quickly become the increasingly bizarre norm, I did 30 minutes on the bike before breakfast.  Then my exercise partner offered to make a deal with me -- if I did 10 minutes on the treadmill, he'd do 10 on the bike.  I dislike the treadmill because I get shin splints before I can get my heart rate up past 60%, but we need the exercise, so I hopped on. 

After breakfast we had stretch class, which felt wonderful as always.  I was really sore from Thursday's training session, so I used one of the raised platforms instead of a floor mat.  They're seriously comfy -- I could've fallen asleep if I weren't, you know, pulling on already tired muscles and ignoring their desperate cries for help.

Then, due to hazardous driving conditions my training session was canceled.

I'm sorry, I know it was snowy out and there was some ice, but seriously?  North Carolingians don't know how to drive.  This was not so bad that I would've stayed home from work in Pennsylvania.

Anyway, after lunch I attempted to start the strength workout myself, but couldn't read my instructor's handwriting, so I called it a free day of rest and took a long hot bath instead.  Ex-post-dinner, a few of us went to the common area and played some Uno (I lost horrifically all three times) before the movie started.

Now, you might think the one thing a weight loss center would not show is a movie centered around eating.

You would be wrong.

Fortunately, I was doing a puzzle, so while I was in the same room I was only half paying attention.

Unfortunately, this meant my ears mostly perked up at the food bits...

P.S. Saturday marked 10lbs lost exactly!

No comments:

Post a Comment