Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fat Camp -- Day 16

30 minutes on the bike before breakfast to start off my day.  After breakfast I went to a class on Eating Out Smart.  Last week we looked at how to eat healthily in American chain restaurants; this week we looked at ethnic restaurants.  Turns out I'll be pretty good with my sushi place, which is important because I'm only giving sushi up when I'm, you know.  dead.

Then I had therapy, followed by a little down time and lunch.  After lunch I had a session with an on-campus therapist on assertiveness training.  I think I flunked.

I followed this up by going to Martial Arts, which as you'll recall I found very empowering and really enjoyed last week.  This week it was just me, and it was AMAZING.  Towards the end of class another participant wandered in, but he just sat on the side and watched me.  Then he told me the Kata I'd picked up in 15 minutes during my second karate class had taken him 2 months to learn.  Master Fonn told me I'm really good, that I'm soaking up how to do this.  He recommended a few different kinds of dojos to look for when I'm back in NYC.  After Martial Arts I took a hot soak in the tub and then chatted with my mommy for a few minutes before heading to dinner.

At 6:15 I went on a trip to the supermarket, where we learned how to shop in the healthiest manner, and what to watch out for from advertising that can trap you into thinking something is healthy.

And now I'm exhausted and need to sleep because I have a very full day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment