Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fat Camp -- Day 22

I felt like this was another somewhat lazy day, though not from preference -- something's weird in my GI tract, and it made me burbly and nauseated all day.

Anyway, I got up for group cycling before breakfast, and it wasn't so bad this time, which was great.  I was really looking forward to Wednesday as my final class, but then I got reminded by the nurse at breakfast that Wednesday is my fitness outtake, and I'm not allowed to exercise before it. =(  I mean, it's good, but I was actually looking forward to cycling and now I can't do it.  Sigh.

After breakfast was stretch class, which is always good.  Then I had an hour's downtime to rest my tummy before going to Relaxation/Creative Visualization.  It turns out the man who's been leading the class the last two weeks was only filling in for the woman who normally does it.  I did NOT like her nearly as much.  She has a heavy German accent, which made it harder to follow her into a state of deep relaxation.  Also, the cadence of her voice was different, and she talked too loud.  I missed Lee, who has the most soothing voice ever, and a soft Southern accent a la Dr. Phil.  I still was able to relax somewhat, though, and that was good practice for real life, where I won't have Lee with me.

After lunch I was supposed to have therapy, but I ended up calling in sick because I really didn't know if I was going to need to run to the toilet in the middle of the session or not.  Instead, I ended up dozing in and out of sleep until 3:00, when I worked with my trainer for an hour.  I'm sad that I'll only have two more sessions with him -- he told me that if he had me for another month, he'd really be able to buff me up.  But he is giving me some recs for trainers in NYC, a couple of whom are independent but one of which actually works at my gym, so that's awesome.

The theme of this e-mail seems to be my ambiguity about returning home.  I know I'll be alright, but I'm nervous nonetheless.

After working out I went and showered because, really?  Grossness.  Then I chatted with my mommy for a little bit until she made me feel better, and I trotted off for the early bird special.  After dinner I banged out the final couple hundred pieces in a thousand piece puzzle I've been working on in the common area all week, watched a little tv, and fell into bed at 9:30.

I only just remembered on waking up that I had never posted for youse guys, so here you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment