Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fat Camp -- Day 17

I can't believe it's been seventeen days already!

I must have been even more tired last night than I realized, because I slept through my alarm and missed spin class this morning.  After breakfast I went to a core conditioning class.  I'd say it kicked my butt, but technically that's not part of my core... it kicked my abs and lats?  Then I did 30 minutes on the bike, before having a chat with Dad and taking a second shower.  (I shower a lot here.  I *sweat* a lot here.  It's both gross and kind of cool.) 

After lunch I had therapy, followed by a session with my trainer, who pounded my arms into little bitty puddly things.  Seriously, I don't know how I have the strength to type right now.  By tomorrow I expect I won't be able to lift a fork...  wait a minute...  I sense a dastardly plan in action.....

I went from the weights straight to group therapy, over which I must draw a sacred veil of absolute silence, because you're not allowed to know about our secret martini parties.  I mean, um.

Ignore that part.

Then I had a class on stress management.  I realized that one area I'm going to have trouble staying structured is when I eat with unstructured friends (read: everybody.)  So I formulated a plan of attack: I'm going to pre-structure meals at all my favorite restaurants, so when someone suggests eating at, say, Three Guys, to pick a totally random place I never eat at, I'll be able to whip out a 3 x 5 index card and say, "show me no menu!  I shall have THIS.  Thank you very much, and charge it please!"

After dinner was stretch class, my favorite 50 minutes of the day.  Then I ran to Target (and by ran, I mean was driven) with two friends for a 5 minutes-to-pick up some necessities trip.  We were all so sore, it was ridiculous.  We looked like 90-year-olds, hobbling along clutching our backs and sides and moaning.

And on that note, I'm off to soak these old bones in a hot, hot tub, before being enveloped by the welcoming comfort of my bed.

Talk to you manana!

No comments:

Post a Comment