Saturday, February 6, 2010

Fat Camp -- Day 19

Up and at the bike early as per the norm, doing half an hour before breakfast.  After breakfast I went to yoga, which was not as satisfying as per the norm, since there was a substitute teacher in.  Damn those subs!

Then I took a bit of a break and chatted with my elder brother (have chatting with my younger brother the day before).  Now I feel nice and caught up, sibling-wise.

At 11:10 I went to a class on Menu Planning at Home.  I'd been to it before, but the last time I went it was Friday of week one, and I was overwhelmed and things didn't penetrate as much, so I'm glad I went a second time.  Plus, now I have two copies of all the handouts, so I can give one set to whoever claims it first!

Ex-post-luncho, I did an hour with my trainer.  I've already gotten stronger, because he keeps upping the stupid weights on me.  Whyyyyy do I answer yes when he asks if the weights are too light? 

For someone with a mouth so small she needed enamel shaved off her teeth to make them all fit, I have a very big mouth.

After training there was a cooking demo, where I learned how to make beef with broccoli for only 175 calories per serving, and shrimp fried rice for only 200 calories per serving.  The sodium is still a little higher than I'm supposed to have all the time, but it means there's a healthy, yummy Chinese available.  And I got to help cook the fried rice!  I tossed it all in the wok and everything!

Then I went back to my room and showered before having therapy, after which I rushed up to dinner so I'd be done by 6:20.  Why did I have to be done by 6:20, you ask?  (Go on, ask.)  Answer:  3 of the over-60s crowd invited me to go to the movies with them.  We saw Crazy Heart, which was pretty good, and then got decaf coffees with skim, which was heavenly.  I did realize, however, driving after dark in the rain, why some people shouldn't be allowed to drive once they're over 60.  It was slightly harrowing.

Fortunately, I arrived home safely and fell into bed at 10pm, utterly sleepy and exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment