Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fat Camp -- Day 27

I was a total lazybones today.  I did my half hour on the treadmill before breakfast, but that was it. 
After breakfast I worked on planning out my menus for next week (I will be doing a LOT of cooking, mostly to see if it's something I think I can handle on a regular basis.  I can do some amount of freezing and reheating, once I buy a microwave, but I have a Very Small Freezer (tm), so I can't do a tremendous amount.  The problem is, it's a lot harder to control sodium intake in restaurants than at home, and sodium makes you retain water... so hopefully I will enjoy cooking even when it's just in small amounts and I don't get a week's worth of leftovers out of the effort.)

After lunch, I went to the movies with a friend who was nervous about his ability to avoid theater popcorn.  Ever since I helped run the popcorn booth at the carnival at Trinity in high school, I've had no problem avoiding movie theater popcorn -- the stuff that goes into making it is SO DISGUSTING.  So we went to see The Wolfman, and while my friend was good, the movie was not.  Fun, and I wouldn't demand my money back (especially since my friend insisted on paying for me), but still.  Not good.

Then we went to a shoe store down here that specializes in watching how you walk and examining your feet and fitting you with the right sneakers for whatever kind of exercise you do.  I got running shoes that are seriously awesome, and fix my arches and my pronating and feel like I'm walking on air.  If I decide I'm likely to play tennis, or do another activity that involves a lot of lateral-to-lateral movement, I need to get either tennis shoes or cross-trainers as well, but in the meantime I'm set.

Then I had dinner, and got a lot of people's contact info, and packed, and it's only 8:30 but I'm tired already, even though I did NOTHING today and should be kicked off Team Exercise until I get my act together and at least stretch or something.  I felt so naughty!  It wasn't good.

I can't believe I have to sit in a plane for 2 hours tomorrow during prime workout time.

No comments:

Post a Comment