Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fat Camp -- Day 24

Because I had my fitness re-test this morning at 9:00, I wasn't allowed to exercise before breakfast, and man, it threw my whole routine off.  I felt so lazy and bored and sluggish waiting around until 8:00 without biking at all.
The good news is, I have improved in pretty much all areas -- including flexibility, which apparently never happens for people who are only here four weeks, because there just isn't enough time.  So go me!

I had wanted to go to core conditioning after my test, but it was canceled due to illness on the part of the instructor, so instead I did 25 minutes of intervals on the treadmill -- interspersing 5% incline with 5.0 speed at a minute each (with recovery minutes in between).  It was awesome.  I was absolutely dripping at the end, though, so I went back to my room and showered and relaxed a bit pre-lunch.

After lunch I had the rapy, followed by a class on exercise plans for home.  I made a contract with myself, and signed it and had it witnessed, so now I'm legally (almost) obligated to follow through, or else I can sue me for breach of contract.  I worked out steps towards finding a dojo near me in the city, and have pledged to be a regular student in karate by March 1st.  My reward shall be a massage. =)

I booked it from class to group therapy, where everyone reassured me that not only am I awesome, but I shall continue to be so EVEN AT HOME.  That's right, real world!  Suck it!

Then I worked with my trainer for 50 minutes before dinner, followed by a much needed stretch class.

I've been doing about 130 minutes of exercise each day this week, when you combine strength, cardio and flex, and I would love to be able to  keep up something approximating that in NY, though it may be tough if God decides to bury me in a torrential downpour of powdery whiteness.

Stupid God.

No comments:

Post a Comment