Monday, January 10, 2011

Fat Camp -- Day 1.1

Today felt unexpectedly exhausting, perhaps because I got up at 6:30, perhaps because it was simply tiring.  Who knows?  The point is, me = ragdoll.



It all started when I woke up for pre-breakfast spin class.  It's a new instructor, not Melanie, which perhaps threw off my game a bit.  The other thing that threw my game off was my distinct lack of game.

Also, I'd forgotten how much those seats make my butt sore...

After spin I had the big moment, the all-important initial weigh-in, where I weight pretty much exactly what I expected to -- i.e., more than I wanted, but still much less than I did this time a year ago.  Yay?

Apres breakfast, I went to a welcome back orientation, where we discussed what brought us back, talked about where we had slipped, and were flogged 10 lashes with the cat o' nine tails .  (Just kidding about that last one.)

Also, I totally failed to win the raffle for the $50 gift certificate.

Then I ran to pee (I'd forgotten how much you pee your first week back), and hurried to a class called return renewal, where we talked about slips versus slides (i.e., what they are, and how to prevent the one becoming the other.)

Then I had a free period, where I worked on my menu for next week, and contacted the real world and so forth, followed by lunch, and a session with the awesomestest trainer EVER, Randy, who I'd totally missed.  I would almost consider moving here just to keep working out with Randy.  I would never slack off sessions then... I wonder if it's too late to apply to Duke Law.......

Anyway!  Randy kicked my buttocks back to the Stone Age, while at the same time complimenting me on how strong I am.  Funny, I don't feel very strong right now... I mostly feel floppy...

After my workout, I headed home for a shower and then a soak in the tub, because I was (a) stinky and (b) tired.  I planned on going on the guided walk at 3:10, but I fell asleep instead.

When I woke up and saw the walk had left (and returned) already, I decided to finish up my menu.  As I was working, I noticed I was getting really hungry, and thought, aha!  Antecedent awareness!  Working on menu planning MAKES ME HUNGRY!... and then I looked at the time and dinner had started half an hour ago...

On my way to dinner I discovered that, because I have the worst luck in North Carolina HISTORY, it's snowing.  AGAIN. 

And now I have finished my sup, and finished my post, and shall amuse myself with some television before I crash again.

No comments:

Post a Comment