Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fat Camp -- Day 9.1

Back on the downward spiral (the good kind) this morning, with a loss of 0.6 lbs.

After breakfast, I went to the first half of the Resistaball class, but it wasn't really working for me, and then the instructor wanted to use weights and work on biceps and triceps, which I did yesterday with my trainer, and will do again tomorrow, so today is my rest day.  So I decided to slip away while everyone was getting weights and I do so very quietly, not distracting anyone, and the trainer cornered me outside the room to ask me where I was going.

I explained to her, and she said okay, and went back into the class, but it made me feel really angry.  I'm an adult, and this isn't prison or boot camp, and I don't have to participate in a class if I don't want to, and I should have the right to leave without explanation. 

Then I reminded myself about the whole "what they are actually saying vs. what I am hearing" thing, took a deep breath, and tried to shake it off.  I'm still a little angry, but I have the distance to recognize that my anger is not necessarily based on the reality of what the trainer was doing, so that's something right?

After that, I had Group, which I cannot discuss because Group is sacrosanct, and shrouded in the mystical veil of secrecy found only amongst the Illuminati and visitors to Las Vegas.

After Group, I had another assertiveness training session, and it went very well.  Beware, people who are used to walking all over me!  I have armed myself with social tools!

Speaking of being social, I then had lunch, after which I went to do cardio with a workout buddy.  After the hour on the elliptical I was in desperate need of a shower, so I took a nice long one, and then did some laundry and recuperated in my room from my long morning of angst and group and self-improvement, which can be far more exhausting than, you know.  The actual exercise part of the program.

Dinner was an AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS meat loaf which I will TOTALLY make for folks back home, ANY TIME THEY ASK.  Seriously, really, really good.  On par with the 3 cheese quiche, and I don't say that lightly.

After dinner two of the girls and I went to see Tangled, which was delightful!

And now it's 11 after 9 and I'm tired already!  Oh, caffeine, how I miss you and your artificial wakefulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment