Friday, January 21, 2011

Fat Camp -- Day 12.1

And in the continuing saga of the zig-zag week, I was up .4 lb today.


I lingered over breakfast again today, and only had time to get 20 minutes in on the elliptical before my training session at 10:10.  Then, at eleven, the elliptical was in use, so I went off to do computery things for a little while, and lost track of time until I suddenly realized it was 10 to 12.  I got another 10 minutes in before lunch, though.

After lunch was Soft Landings, where we talked about strategies for staying successful at home.  (A very important subject indeed!)  Then at 2 I went to the cooking demo, which was DELICIOUSLY AMAZING.  Goat-cheese stuffed chicken breasts, and a fabulous Swiss Chard side dish.  yum yum YUM.  We each got a small taste, and then I felt hungry, and I knew it wasn't that I was really hungry, it was just the antecedent of being given the taste, combined with boredom.  So to combat that feeling, I decided to do something positive, and exercise.  Alas, the elliptical was in use, but I really wanted to get another half hour of cardio in, and I knew if I went back to my room it just wasn't gonna happen before dinner, so I said screw it, and hopped on the treadmill.

My knees now positively loathe me.

I mean, I knew the treadmill was higher impact and all, but man.  And I don't have bad knees!  But they were all like, what happened to the elliptical?  What the fuck is this crap?  STOP MAKING US POUND.

Got that thirty minutes in, though.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment