Saturday, January 15, 2011

Fat Camp -- Day 6.1

And just to prove me correct from yesterday (yesterday... all my troubles seemed so far away...) I lost a pound!  Now I feel extra EXTRA smug and justified.

After breakfast I stretched, but I didn't particularly enjoy stretch class today -- in fact, my shoulders felt worse after than they had beforehand.  (All my stress and tension go straight to my neck and shoulders.  Thanks, Mom.)

Then I saw the elliptical was in use, but I girded my assertive loins, and asked the woman on it if she knew when she'd be finished.  She said she'd be on for no more than an hour, so I settled down in the lounge and worked on a jigsaw puzzle until she was finished.  Then I knocked off another 60 minute session.  (As a side note, although I don't do the "ten thousand steps a day" thing, it's amazing how many steps you go through doing an hour of cardio.)

(As a note on the other side, I know this because the elliptical machine here keeps track for you.)

Then it was lunch time, which I desperately needed at that point, followed by a shower, which I also desperately needed.

After that, one of my new friends here and I went to the mall for a few hours.  I got a new sweater, and some hand cream, and a coffee with skim milk.  Very exciting, I know.

We got back just in time for dinner, which is very important because (a) if you miss mealtime here you're screwed and (b) tonight's dinner was steak.  I had asked for mine rare, and it came out decidedly medium, so I sent it back, and it came out decidedly medium-rare, and I shrugged and ate it.  They don't really like doing true rare here, but if it were up to me, all my steak would be, as the French say, "bleu." 

After dinner, my friend that I took to the mall gave us a performance on the piano.  He's a performer, and we spend almost 2 hours singing show tunes and standards and had a ball.  And now I've stumbled back to my room where, at the tender hour of 8:42 pm, I am almost ready to fall into bed.

Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment